I have waited all year to write this Miscellany Monday post. Seriously. I knew I could only write it during December. It’s still random, but inspired by one of my favorite movies. So bear with me. Please.
So with that introduction I present to you my-
1) Sounds like somebody needs to sing a Christmas Carol. Ahhh–Christmas carols. I’m a stickler for the classics. Give me some Bing Crosby or Silent Night and I’m content. I am just not a huge fan of chipmunks singing or new remastered renditions. Or really, really, really cheesy versions of carols played in elevators, gas stations or Old Navy.
2) I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite. If there’s a joke going on, or a secret to tell, or a no-smiling contest — I lose. I cannot stop grinning. Maybe I’m just a gal who looks at life as good, or the glass is half-full, but seriously, do not ever bet on me to win any contest that involves no smiling. And, if I ever come to talk to you about some news and I’m grinning — you know it’s good. 🙂
3) The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Thinking back to number one — and songs — our family sings. All the time. We’ve got songs for each of the kids, silly ones, sweet ones, and more. We’ll just randomly break into song. Sigh….
4) I’m a cotton-headed ninny-muggins. Well, I’m not really. Well, sometimes I am like that, yet I’ve never used those words to describe myself. Does this count? Thinking back to the when I put the lights up I do cotton-headed ninny-muggin type things. Like when I thought it was funny to throw all the lights up in my tree and call it done. 🙂
5) You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Now, all you faithful readers will know that I love coffee. So it’s probably not coming as ANY surprise that I would love this quote? I’m not terribly particular about coffee, but I can tell you that a good solid mug with fresh brewed coffee and great company makes any morning!
6) Buddy the Elf! What’s your favorite color? Did you know that there’s a day modeled after this quote? I’m a fan of Buddy the Elf on Facebook. No, really, I am. Anyways, I found out about this day where you answer the phone stating that quote. Did I do it? Nope. I forgot.
7) Then YES! We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup. Oh, my Christmas cookies. Christmas bark. Christmas treats. They are my fave. However, I haven’t made any cookies yet. Which is probably good since I would eat them all and have to remake them right before Christmas. Ha ha ha. My favorite cookie? A homemade gingerbread with royal icing. My grandmother made these. The dough has to sit in the freezer for 2weeks until you roll it out. They are divine. How about you? Favorite cookie?
8) You’re young, you’re so young…You know my papa, he didn’t make master tinker till he was 490. Had to end with it….I have no comments….I just love the quote! However, I’m sure I could find something deep and pertinent in this quote. 🙂
haha! thanks for sharing. i laughed the whole way. i found you through miscellany monday and i am a new follower. i definitely want to stick around for some more laughs. hope you have a great week.
LOVE it! Buddy the Elf just makes me smile. I will have to remember that line when I answer the phone today! Thanks for the smiles.
Thanks for brightening my day!
Too fun! We love Buddy the Elf around here ourselves, although my daughter cracked me up the other day when deciding on a family christmas movie…Elf came up and with wide eyes and a cocked head, she replied, “gotta work up to Buddy”…with this post, tho, I’m thinkin I’m gettin there 😉
oh this was SO fun to read! I’ve never seen “Elf” but now I’m just going to have to.
I love the movie ELF…it is great! So Funny! One of my Christmas favorites.
Love baking Christmas cookies! I need to get mine started this week. I love them all, can’t say I have a favorite, but the maple walnut balls are really yummy 🙂
December 18th! Answer the Phone like Buddy the Elf day! Can’t wait!
I’m think you need to share those cookie’s recipe!
OH MY GOODNESS! I ADORE YOU! I absolutely LOVE ELF! This was a great post!!! <333
Love this. We love Elf so much that my son has us watch it at Grandparents Movie Night in the summer every year! Can’t watch it too many times.
hahaha oh my god I could not stop laughing with your psost. I kept hearing buddies voice say ” Buddy the elf whats your favorite color?” I got to say that when I answer the phone now haha. Love your post!!
I think this is my all time favorite Miscellany Monday. Elf comes on tonight! 🙂 Since, I’m not at home to watch the DVD anytime I want, I will have to result with waiting patiently for it to come on. Merry Christmas!
hahaha – Rachel, this was hilarious! Now I want to watch Elf. We used to watch it every Thanksgiving at my aunt’s house as a precursor to Christmastime.
I LOVE this movie!!!! Mr. Farrel is TOO funny and these quotes are so magical. There are so much truth in them!!! Thanks so much for this wonderful Buddy the Elf magic!!!!
Have a wonderful day!
This was sweet and funny! I
love Buddy, too. All the quotes
I love this! Can’t wait to watch Elf again this year! One of our favorite quotes is, “He’s an angry little elf!” The whole scene in that board room cracks us up!
Love your site, and can’t wait to get to know you better over at 5 Minutes for Faith.
I’d forgotten how much I love this movie.
Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE Elf! That is right up there with Napolean Dynamite. A friend of ours suggested it last year, and I though “Eh, it looks really boring/stupid.” But no, one of my most favorite movies. EVER. =)
So.Much.Fun!!! Love it!!!
It’s so great to meet you, coming over to visit from the 5 Minutes for Faith team…welcome aboard!
~ Melissa ~ Mel’s World
impeccable timing… we watched it last night (it’s on usa like a million times right now!) so all of this is fresh in my mind. ha ha ha-larious!!!!! i sort of agree with him on #7… or at least this time of year anyway. love this elf inspired miscellany! xoxo!
We too watched this last night while decorating our tree! Such an awesome post!!
You are just too cute! Loved it!
One of my favorite movies…I love calling people Cotton-headed Ninnymuggins. Best insult name ever!
No matter what happens in life, the Lord has us wrapped up in His loving care. Praying!
Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
My email address
Oh, well done, well done Rachel! A post about Buddy the Elf. I feel an urge to contribute.
“You… you don’t smell like Santa. You smell like beef, and cheese!”
“He’s an angry elf.”
😀 Such a great movie…
My hubby and I just watched this movie last weekend! Great post! Love it!
Oh my gosh, we love that movie!!
I love this movie! My favorite line is: “Good news! I saw a dog today!” 🙂
When you don’t do TV & movies, a lot goes right over your head. However, I was able to grasp this one even without watching the movie. Loved the pics, Rachel. Merry Christmas.