Yippee! It’s Miscellany Monday once again — and as you all know — I am totally random and love this day. I think I must be too random because I have way too much to write about. It’s hard to narrow it down!
So here goes. Enjoy!
1) Classical Ballet is a huge part of our family’s life. Hannah, Chloe, and Grace all take classes. Hannah will be dancing 10 hours per week this fall, Chloe seven, and Gracie three. I always joke that the truck know exactly how to get to North Ballet Academy — I don’t even need to drive. Wonder how many hours a year I’m driving to ballet?
2) Hannah has gone through 3 pairs of pointe shoes in the last ten months. Her feet have also shrunk by one whole size — unbelievable to me. You can tell she’s an artist in her dance. Emotion in every step.
3) Chloe just got her first pair of pointe shoes yesterday. As you can tell — she was thrilled. This is a huge point (get it point? pointe? hee hee hee) in her dancing career. I don’t know what she was more thrilled about — the pointe shoes or the Caribou Hazelnut Chocolate Frapuccino. You judge.
4) Gracie, oh my Gracie girl, my sweet girl. She is such a beauty while dancing. She was built to be a ballerina, and the beauty of the Lord can be seen in her exquisite smile.
5) Enough of that amazing beauty — how about this beauty? See that view? That’s the view that I see when we drive to and from the lake. I try to think that our load is beautiful — but alas, we are those vacationers whose vehicles are loaded down. A canoe on top, the suburban packed, and a trailer bursting with stuff. That’s us. Just smile and wave if you pass us by. 🙂
6) This year, as we were driving a swimming noodle began to escape from the back trailer. Thankfully, the protocol is to always have another family member following our vehicle. My dear brother, who is an amazing brother, jumped out of his car at a stop light and grabbed the $1.99 blue noodle before it flew into the wild Minnesota prairie. I’m still laughing as I remember him loping up to the trailer and grabbing the noodle. The look on the other drivers was priceless.
7) As I write this, I’m watching Extreme Home Makeover. That show always makes me cry. And it makes me realize just how short and precious life is. And those thoughts make me appreciate moments like my brother grabbing the noodle, or my daughters dancing — those are the real moments of life.
8) Life is short. It’s so easy to lose focus. Perspective. I hope to be a fighter, to live life to the fullest. Blogging reminds me of that will to fight.
9) Last night we had an intense storm come through. The straight line winds uprooted trees, my neighbor’s mailbox and produced tornadoes. Afterwards, there was an amazing double rainbow. Ever think when you see a rainbow about the truth behind it? It’s a promise. God’s promise. Visible in our sky. Amazing.
10) Back to ballet. The older two girls are doing an Intensive Camp this week — gone all day. I’ll take some prayers — my lovely helpers will be gone. I’m so glad and thankful for this opportunity for them. And, truthfully, when they are away it reminds me once again just how much I value both of them.
Have a blessed Monday.
And remember to link up to the Miscellany Monday on my dear friend Carissa’s blog. I’ve also linked up with the meme — mingle monday. All these Monday Memes with Mmmmms — makes it memorable!
But it’s still Sunday here!
Love rainbows! Beautiful ballerina’s!
Know that you’re always in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 142:1-3a I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.
My email address
what a wonderful rainbow pictures. I haven’t seen one that clear in a while. Thank you so much for sharing!
Your girls look beautiful. You can really see Hannah’s beautiful artistic side and Gracie really looks like a small prima ballerina. I am pretty sure I would be happier about the Frappuccino, but it looks like Chloe really loves her new shoes. I wish I could see all three of the perform. You must be such a happy momma 🙂
Have a blessed week,
What beautiful picture’s of your girls !!! I love the Ballet!! The picture you posted of the double rainbow is awesome !!!
Love rainbows! Ballet is always something I dreamed of doing…just never got into it when I was younger. Makes me sad. Your daughters are beautiful! Ballet is so beautiful and takes extreme dedication. Love it.
Enjoy your Monday <333
I had no idea your daughters were into ballet – is this an inherited interest from their mom? Gorgeous double rainbow – I feel like I never see enough of them (single or double) where we live!
Your girls are beautiful. What a privilege to be able to allow them to pursue ballet.
I love the picture of the double rainbow. We saw a rainbow here in Arizona this week and I just knew God was looking out for me and was going to take care of everything!
The Noodle story was too funny!
Happy Monday my friend!
beautiful post! my friend is a very serious ballet dancer as well – she hopes to become professional. i think she’s taking somewhere between 10 and 15 hours a week, like hannah…
GREAT Post! I am so with you on number 8. And your girls are beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!Have a wonderful week 🙂
What classes do your girls take? I am a dancer at our local dance studio and I take pointe, jazz, ballet, tap, lyrical, and I am also apart of the competitive company. *takes big breathe* lol, so yeah. I am at the dance studio from 7-20 hours every week and I love every minute of it…well, I take that back. I love every minute when we aren’t doing crunches, ouch! lol!
Horray for first pair of pointe shoes! At my dance studio you have to reach a particular point of ankile strength before pointe, so I was thrilled this year to be able to see that it said “pre-pointe” on my dance report card. 🙂
Great post with beautiful pictures! I think I need to link up for the same reasons…just be a little random for once and get some of my very diverse and many thoughts out there : ) Have fun with ballet!
Your girls are beautiful ballerinas. Just gorgeous!
I’m so glad you joined in on the Mingle Monday fun!
Hi! Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Your blog is amazing. AMAZING! I was a ballerina growing up. (My feet have grown from a 5 to a size 7 since having children).
Have a wonderful day!
Your daughters are just beautiful! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!
I just love the joy that exudes your posts…and don’t ever doubt that you live life to the fullest! You do and you take each of your readers along life’s joyful road with you, thank you!!!
Love those beautiful girls and the joy that their dancing brings!
Mmmm, and the joy of a Caribou Hazelnut Chocolate Frap (I think I’ve told you before that I was thrilled to get to actually enter a Caribou Coffee establishment…LOVE!! We have the packages of Caribou Coffee down here, but not the actual places…it was a Minnesota Highlight for me 🙂
beautiful beautiful ballerinas! you are so right about hannah – her dance looks exquisite! i laughed so hard about the noodle and i love this: “thankfully, the protocol is to always have another family member following our vehicle.” bahahaha! your protocol makes me cackle! your family is too fun. it reminds me of mine. : ) it must be a minnesota thing. i will definitely be praying for you this week as you go without your handy helpers! hugs to you!
Just following back from Mingle Monday. Beautiful photos of your lovely daughters! Your ballet photos remind me of many happy ballet memories when my daughter was young. She’s a professional ice dancer and took lots of ballet over the years – 11 hours a week for awhile (much like Hannah)! I absolutely loved watching those ballet recitals!
Lifting up prayers!
Psalms 142:5-7 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
My email address
Looks like a fun link up, maybe I will try it out sometime. That’s great how all of your girls like ballet! I’m hoping to sign my little one up for some dance lessons when she’s a bit older. I’ve always favored tap…Thanks for visiting and thank you for entering my giveaway!
what gorgeous gals you have! love your inspirational and positive outlook that shines through your writing! my hubby and I always smile that the loaded-down suvs with things attached on the top…with God’s grace we hope to be blessed with that down the road! 🙂
First of all, I love dance. Your girls look adorable! It’s so good that they started learning when they are young. It will help them with grace and poise too. My mom sent me to dance classes when I was so klutzy, I would fall up the stairs! 🙂
I’ll honk if I see your car. And I love rainbows, especially those double ones. It reminds me of God’s promise in Genesis.
This was such a fun post to read. Your personality shines through your words and I’m loving it. Barbie of My Freshly Brewed Life told me how she enjoys this meme. Hmm …maybe one of these weeks I need to participate?
Blessings and love,