2. Let them make mistakes.
3. Tell them you love them every single day.
4. Tell them you love them no matter the circumstance.
5. Tell them you are proud of them.
6. Fight for them.
7. Let them learn to fight for themselves.
8. Do not let fear dictate.
9. Goal set with them.
10. Hold them accountable.
11. Give them grace.
12. Emphasize the beauty in rest.
13. Make a schedule.
14. Schedule fun.
15. Schedule work.
16. Let them earn money.
18. Teach about giving back.
19. Spend time together.
20. Play games.
21. Listen, listen, listen to them.
22. Teach them how to cook.
23. Teach them how to do laundry.
24. Model intentionality.
25. Model grace.
26. Model love.
27. Teach them about joy.
28. Teach them about gratitude.
29. Establish media boundaries.
30. Establish boundaries.
31. Get to know their friends.
32. Let their friends come over.
33. Let them see you dream.
34. Take breaks.
35. Learn to adapt.
36. Let them end the hug.
37. Care more about their hearts.
39. Learn from the past, but move forward.
41. Teach them to manage stress.
42. Look them in the eye when they talk.
43. Put your phone down at dinner.
44. Let them dream.
45. Let them create.
46. Let them imagine.
47. Embrace who they are.
48. Go to bed thankful for them.
49. Be thankful for time together.
50. Remember the blessings.
51. Enjoy this day, live it fully, and look for joy.
Love this… everyone should hang it on the mirror in their bedrooms!
A good reminder to follow until our last breath on this earth.
I love this list! It’s nice to hear from experienced moms, especially with me being a new mother and all. Thank you so much for this wonderful advice!
printing this one out… beautiful reminder to live each day fully embracing our children as the gift that they are. Thanks for sharing!
I love this post. I wrote about my kids today and also included a link back to your site. Thanks for this.
What a wonderful post! LOVE it!
What a great list Rachel, it should be printed and framed. Blessings to you and your sweet family.
I need to print this too!
I’ve missed a lot! Trying to catch up!
Praying right now!
Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
My email address
So insightful! This is just what I needed to read.
I just wrote a blog post referring back to this post. I think more people need to read it too!
Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
My email address
Thanks everyone. It was just one of those posts that almost wrote itself – I had those words pressing on my heart and sat down and wrote.
Appreciate the kind words.
This is a beautiful list – thanks for creating and sharing it!
great post! I still need the reminder after 29 years of parenting..thanks!