1) I check Carissa’s blog several times a day. Now, first I’m not a stalker. Here’s the truth — I really consider her a great friend– coupled with the fact that she is full term — so you put them together and it equals blog checking for baby news. Can you say I’m excited? I’ve told her to try to plan to have her sweet Sage on June 3 — which is my daughter’s, (Hannah from Aspire) birthday. So — Carissa, know that when you read this that you are loved and not simply a watched pot. 🙂
2) Bottom freezers, while beautiful on the outside, are actually a bit of a problem. We have this gorgeous LG bottom freezer refrigerator. I love how it looks. I do not like that once every 6-8 weeks I have to defrost the freezer or else too much condensation builds up on the fan that kicks air up to the fridge. It either make a terrible noise (as any fan would burned with ice on it’s blades) or turns off (which is worse – because there is no cooling in the top portion.) So — there’s my little fridge tidbit. Looks great — lots of work. Sounds a bit like life — some days.
3) I do between 10-15 loads of laundry a week. Ok. No more words needed for that comment. Maybe a virtual pat-on-the-back or a “great job” would help. Now…off to add just one more load.
4) This is a picture of my sisters and my feet. I have no idea why we took this picture three summers ago. However, I do know that some day we will look fondly back at our smooth and young feet. Plus, there is something very cool to me about the bond that we have as sisters that this picture represents. This picture always makes me smile — and I finally got it in a post!
5) Finale — I mean finally — This is a picture I did of myself on Josten’s Yearbook Yourself site. (You must try it.) I inserted my face into a hairdo slot for 1992. The really sad thing about this photo is that my hair really did look that. Truly. I need to go and take a picture of my senior pics. Sigh. Big hair was cool, trust me! Seriously. And it took lots of product…..and teasing…and styling…and product…and….and….and….to look like this…
you are the sweetest thing! i never felt like a watched pot – ha! i’ve always only felt loved – so, thank you! you are a dear friend, too! it would be the sweetest thing if sage came on the 3rd – she would be in such good company celebrating her birthday then! i’ll see what i can do. ; )
i’ve always thought that bottom freezers looked really cool… but i don’t know if the coolness factor makes up for all that work.
goodness… that is a whole bunch of laundry! i’m convinced; you are super mom. each of your kiddies should give you a high five “you’re the best mom ever” type of greeting every single day!
such cute toes i see! so glad they made their way onto your blog! : )
1992 never saw a prettier face!
i feel like i know you so well, i was about to say i’d text you if i go into labor! he he! i’ll have hubby update my blog or facebook so you’ll know asap! : )
thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers!
i keep anticipating the baby too! (carissa’s not mine. lol) it’s fun to feel like you know someone so well and care for someone you’ve never met. God is so cool that way!!
laundry. i try to do a load or two every day or other day, just to keep up. i don’t think i do that many, but yet i’ve never counted. so i probably do. blech. i do not like doing laundry though.
10-15 loads?!? You are a superwoman. I’m exhausted after 3 a week. That’s amazing.
I’ve also heard that bottom drawer freezers can be a pain because it’s easy for food to get buried. With both of those agianst it, it doesn’t seem so desirable now.
Ps. Great hair ! My mom kept her 90’s hair well into the early 2000’s. She must have felt bad for the hair spray companies plummeting business.
Have a great Monday !
I love post that are random and share a lot about someone.. Love the toes picture. I should do that.. Love the high school picture also.
Have a great Monday..
10-15 loads a week?!?! Man, I do like 7-9 for just the 2 of us. I’m scared to add kids into the mixture. Have a great day!
enjoy your talents…
Oh my goodness!! I feel like I do 10-15 loads, too!!! My kids are all so little they go through SEVERAL pairs of a clothes A DAY! I’m sitting on my pile of laundry right now, actually! ; ) And I’m laughing at your yearbook yourself pic! Gotta love the hair!
I love your blog! I love large families! My mom told me she had a dream that we had seven children (we only have four right now). I’m not opposed to it–just get a little exhausted thinking about it : ) You are a supermom!
Oh, and I’m following you!
I love your connection with Carissa, and how the excitement for baby news keeps you on the edge of your seat.
I despise laundry, so I’m gonna say “Good Job” (pat on the back)… I couldn’t do it!
Have a fantastic week Rachel!
Ok so I’m glad to know about the bottom freezer problem…I’m sorry you have to go through it, but that’s the 3rd complaint I’ve heard recently about them.
I have feet pictures from every vacation I’ve been on. I did it subconciously (I need spell check on that one) at first but now it’s a bit of a “ritual”.
*Pat on the back* for the laundry. You are awesome!
Alright, now get off the computer and go work out! (haha…sorry, I’m not a very good motivator. That sounded too Jillian Michaels!) Thanks for the “accountability partner” volunteering-you’ve got your hands full now:-)
Oh yeah, and I did Yearbook yourself before too…maybe I’ll have to get those in a post someday!
It’s great to find a fellow mom of seven!! I know plenty of moms with big families in real life but not many do blogs. Your yearbook photo looks a lot like my hair in the 80s!! My hubby loves BIG hair (possibly part of the reason we’re moving to TX??) – and would love it if I’d wear it like that again. 🙂
I’m your newest follower — Blessings!
Wow, 10 – 15 loads? That’s a lot. Honestly, I don’t know how you do it.
I love the picture of you and your sisters and the connection it represents. I think we might try something similar this summer. There are few pictures that has all 4 of us.
Thank you for sharing!
That’s a ton of laundry!! Great job 🙂
How fun! I love reading your “miscellany monday” posts, Rachel. Yep, I check Carissa’s blog a lot too. It’s one of my favorites, and so is yours. 😉 Good job on all that laundry, and I love that yearbook picture. Hahaha! 😀 Thanks for making me smile and have a great Monday. 🙂
~ Lots of love,
Carissa is such a doll….we have become good friends to and I just heart your daughter Hannah she is so stinkin’ sweet and talented!
Girl my hair looked like that in 1996 I have the senior portraits to prove it….the hubs call it the early 90’s poof LOL
I love all the miscellany
Here is a virtual pat from TEXAS!!!! Holy cow that is a LOT of laundry. I wonder as Moms, if when they all grow and go, if we’ll miss the socks. I don’t know; a sentimental thought.
I like our freezer on the bottom…but it NEVER does that. I think you have a messed up one!
I did get a good chuckle, thanks! Great hair, btw…Love the misc. idea. I may have to give it a try.
Happy Memorial Day!
i’m glad to know i’m not the only one ‘stalking’ carissa to see if the baby is here yet 🙂
and i too totally had that hair style! except when you put my face in it, i look exactly like dj tanner on full house!! happy monday!
The fact that you have 7 kids, a husband, do that much laundry, and still have time to blog regularly makes you a hero in my eyes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
yep. get the laundry thing. so much of it here too! 🙂
I did something similar to the YearbookYourself pictures, but since I’ve only been out of high school for a short time, I look basically the same!! What I did instead was use a face morphing site to see what I’d look like as a Latina, Asian lady, black African American lady, etc. The results were quite…interesting. 🙂
We just had a repair guy come look at our freezer. It was building up condensation and making terrible noises. Our is a side-by-side. They said the defroster was going out. We thought about purchasing a bottom freezer fridge, but now maybe not.
Ok, you are my hero. I know you have lots of kiddos and I am sure 10-15 loads is a must. But I wish I could just get through one load. Do they have professional laundry people for hire?
I am seriously going to have to yearbook myself. What a riot.
Happy Memorial Day!
LOVE the hair! Feet…not so much. lol
If Carissa has the baby on June 4th – that would be Abigail’s birthday! 🙂
I’m glad you wrote about that freezer problem. I’ve contemplated buying one of those (someday when I ever had money to), so maybe I just won’t now. 🙂
Okay, I HAVE to try that yearbook thingy. I was already married and had had two children by 1992 – was that when you graduated? Boy, you ARE younger than me by about 6 years! Ugh. Not fair!!!
I enjoyed my visit.
Or June 2nd would work, as that is my daughter’s b-day 🙂 (and like everyone else, I love that Hannah, too!!)
And we all love Carissa, too, but seriously, Rachel, I think she should text you when she goes into labor…I seriously thought y’all were friends in “real life”, lol!!!
Love your randomness, what a fun post..and yes, you’ll SO LOVE that you have a picture of you and your sisters cute, young feet…trust me!!
LOVE the 80’s hair, guess you’re not THAT much younger than me as my yearbook pic looks about like that one, too, but I already have funky old lady skin on my feet, lol!!!
Thanks for the smiles!
I enjoyed your Miscellany Monday!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and yes, I love fries in frosties. 🙂 Have a great day!
love your randomness! thanks for the comment love on my blog 🙂
We also have a bottom freezer but haven’t had that problem yet (knock on wood) but we do have to turn the energy-saver button off every few days so everything doesn’t frost over.
wowster on the laundry! your kids should give you a pat on the back for all that work!
Wow, Hannah’s birthday is June 3rd?! Funny, mine is on the 10th. And, through reading the comments I was made aware that Abigail Kraft’s is on the 4th of June. So funny how we’re all so close…
I love your blog, Rachel! It’s is such an encouragement, and you always write such insightful posts.
Love in Christ,