I took Samuel into the urgent care this morning. His temp was 104.2. I couldn’t keep it lower than 103 all night. His ears are fine. They checked him for strep throat and he’s fine. The only symptom other than being super sore, fussy and irritable, and having high fevers are large, swollen lymph nodes on the back of his neck.
They tried to do a complete CBC, but couldn’t find his vein. Very frustrating…especially to watch an already super sick baby deal with more stuff. They didn’t prescribe an antibiotic because the doctor was worried that if he had an early case of meningitis (didn’t need to hear that…) the lower dose antibiotic would hinder and mask it later.
Bottom line? I’ve got about 24 hours for him to break out of this or we’re off to Children’s with a high probability of being admitted. Sigh. I just want him normal.
I started to cry when they told me just to sit and wait. I hate waiting. Especially when the doctor is so concerned about this fever. And I wish I could have seen his differential on the blood count. Then we would have known if it was viral or bacterial. That would have been a start. Not knowing is just hard. So hard.
Thanks for the prayers.