I’ve decided to once again be a part of Miscellany Monday. I’m thinking that I’ll have some random thoughts for you all — and as I type this I’m trying to wrap my brain around which ones to share. So here goes —
1) We have received tons of rain this June. The new activity of choice for my kids? Racing around in puddles in the backyard. My new activity? Baling it out my raspberry patch. Or my fab neighbor’s basement.
2) Despite having massive amounts of moisture already my kids are enjoying our blow-up pool. Because of the rain I’ve left the pool in the same spot for too long of a time. That has successfully burnt some of our grass. Oh, well, their smiles made it worth it, right?
3) When a mother is with a baby in the ER and has to use the bathroom it presents as a tricky situation. My options and choices? One — walking out and asking the staff behind the desk to hold Samuel. Two — Wiggling. Lots. Three — praying that someone walks in the room so that I don’t have to push the “toliet” call button. Four — rejoicing when the alarm for the battery for the iv starts ringing (it needed to be plugged in) and then handing sweet sleeping Samuel over to the surprised nurse. 🙂
4) Graham crackers taste amazing after an entire day of no food. That and a teeny can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup heated in the Children’s Hospital Short Stay Unit’s Microwave. Thank you Campbells.
5) I’ve written about being behind on laundry before and have decided that all those times are now fallacies. Now, I can truly tell you that I am behind on laundry. Mega. Huge. Ginormous. Anyone want to come and help fold?
6) Sleep helps gain perspective. I don’t think I need to explain that beyond telling you that I finally got some sleep.
7) Teething Bling Give-Away. Last week, on Miscellany Monday, I told you that I would be doing the give-away that week. I was planning on writing my post last Thursday — which was the day I was in the hospital with Samuel — so now I’m aiming to put it together this week.
8) I love my Teething Bling. I feel a bit trendy. And Samuel? He just chews and chews and chews. Honestly? This will be my gift of choice for new mothers. Worth it. Keeps them chewing on something large.
9) Next week will be a short Miscellany. I will be writing it from the lake. Yes, vacation. I think I might need one. Just slightly.
10) I made it to ten. I know that Carissa did not make rules for this Miscellany Monday, but somehow I got it in my head that I need to do ten. Carissa — when you are reading this please try to refrain from giggling. Try. And, yes, I agree with you about those Jean Diapers. Teething Bling = trendy. Jean Diapers = just a bit too trendy — at least for me. 🙂
Remember to link up and join the randomness! I love this day — it always puts a smile on my face. 🙂
Hahahaha! Funny and interesting thoughts 🙂
Have a blast at your vacation! It sounds like you seriously deserve it ^^
Your photo of babe is priceless!!
Have a great time on your vacation! Relax and have fun with your beautiful family!
Thanks for sharing your randomness!
Aww, Sam is so precious!
Laundry? A LOT of laundry? Sorry, I can’t come fold – I’m too busy helping fold our own truckload. 🙂
Have fun on your vacation, Rachel!
First, so glad Samuel is doing well! Praise God!
Loved your randoms today! Hope you enjoy your long weekend at the lake. That’s where we’re headed, too!
Oh, the ER, it is not a fun way to spend one’s time. Blech. I’m so sorry!
I find Monday Misc. a little freeing. Sometimes in my head I feel like I had SO MUCH happen that I can’t possibly wrap my head around ANYTHING to blog. And just jotting things down really helps.
Hope you get all that laundry done before your vacation! and yes, you do need one after last weeks events! hope you have a good day! 🙂
I love the picture of you holding Sam 🙂 So precious, I’m glad he’s doing better, my prayers were with you all !!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!! I love your pic of the lake!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!
I am so glad Samuel is better 🙂 The lake looks so beautiful, I hope that you will have an amazing time there!
Have a blessed Monday,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I just read your story about Samuel and I’m so happy he is ok now. How terribly scary for you both, the Lord most definitely was looking out for him. Oh and randomness #4, on behalf of Campbell soup, you’re welcome for the yumminess of chicken noodle soup. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
That lake picture is gorgeous – enjoy every minute of that!
Just read through your scary ordeal 🙁 So sorry that happened to you but praising God for the outcome! It’s scary how quickly something like that can happen. You reacted so well. I’d like to think I would too in that same situation.
Good luck with your laundry 😉 Your comment made me laugh! It is an amazing feat when I catch up on laundry but it involves a whole day and I have so many other things that I would like to devote that time to! I am thankful for my family though and part of taking care of them is keeping up with laundry so it’s a necessary evil!!
Love your blog! Have a great week ahead!
First of all… I would LOVE to help with the laundry…except we are up to our eyeballs in it as well. Isn’t there a magic fairy that comes and does that while we sleep? Hmmm, not sure God invented one of those ;^)
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog this morning! I love “meeting” new bloggers and actually love that we have a similar title ;^)
Excited to look around! Have a great day! God bless.
OMGosh, I’d totally forgotten about my laundry…past due to pass a load over to the dryer and get to folding, but reading misc blogs on Monday is sooo much more fun :))
LOVE the trendy teething jewelry, such a GREAT idea!!! If you’re selling, I’m having some sent to my great niece…btw, any suggestions for ears? There was a time when I couldn’t even wear earrings for the grabbing-off-of-ears stage, lol!
New pond and New pool…doubly blessed with summertime fun!!! Hope the raspberries (and neighbor’s basement) survive!
Enjoy the respite the lake will bring!!
Hmm, perhaps I’ll go random on Mondays too. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I am your newest follower! HI!
I wish that I could wash and fold your laundry for you, I really do. Enjoyed your randomness today and blessings to you for a great week. Thanks for stopping by!
the teething bling sounds awesome! you are such a totally cool mama! #6 – um, yes, indeed! i’m so glad all that hospital mess is over! that pic of you and sam is beyond cute. it melts my heart. #3 – i can totally relate with you on that! i had almost the same thing happen with my hunter. thank goodness (sometimes) for ringing iv’s! i’m so excited for you to get a vacay!
yes! sleep helps. the whole world is a happier place after a good sleep.
Hope you have a restful vacation!
i just read your posts about Samuel, my heart was racing when i finished, i am so thankful that he is okay. what a scare, i cannot imagine the fear you were going through. thank you dear Jesus for saving this beautiful baby.
Hi Rachel. You have an award waiting for you at http://www.beingrefinedassilver.blogspot.com