what I saw all morning
Note: I wrote this 8 hours ago. In that span of time I’ve spent 3 hours working on my garage sale prep, made lunch, defrosted the freezer, emptied the deep-freeze, read a couple of books to the kiddos, gone to the ballet studio–twice, solved several “fights”, picked some weeds, did two loads of laundry, organized a corner of my garage, rocked a baby, checked three times to see if blogger was up, tidied my living room, and…hmmmm…maybe it’s a good thing blogger was down. Look what I got done in that time!
This is a unique Miscellany Monday. Blogger is down. I’ve checked several times, and alas, there is no operating blogger. At least for me. So this morning I’ve decided to compose my miscellany post on Word. We’ll see how this goes.
1) Carissa amazes me. Posting in the hospital. She’s an official “super multi-tasker”—aka mom.
2) 2) My boys, if they could get away with it, would wander around the house carrying just the inner bag of cereal. The box would be abandoned on the floor, and they would be quite content with the chalky-clear bag of goodness.
put that bag back!
3)To make enough scrambled eggs for my family I need to use at least 20 eggs.
4) I love my electric griddle. When I’m making scrambled eggs (#3) I can use the griddle to make pancakes. It can whip up 8 at a time—depending on the size.
5) I stink at making letters on the griddle. If my kids want their initial they better watch out. The e looks like a c, the b like a blob, and there’s no way I’m attempting the g. I can make an h for Hannah.
6) I’ve been reading the book of Colossians. Since it’s right after Philippians (which is pretty much my life book) I figured I better check it out again. I’ve come across several verses that are speaking to me right now. Watch out—I’m thinking they deserve a blog post later this week. The verse I loved today?
Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsider, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
7) A constant phrase that I utter in our home is – We are not the yelling family. In our home we speak with kind and pleasant tones. Can you tell what kind of morning it’s already been? (note: it got much better)
8) I wish blogger was up. I don’t know if this post will transfer right. Then I’ll spend too much time editing the post. (note–it did not transfer right. note#2–do not use word blog as it does not transfer.So, yes, it did take time. Oh well–you’re all worth it!)
my post–ready at 7am
9) I think I want to do 10 miscellany facts so number 9 is just inserted to get me to ten.
10) Hannah’s Happy Birthday sign is still hanging over our sliding door in the kitchen. I decorate our kitchen and the kid’s doorways for their birthdays. I started doing this when Hannah turned three. The night before their birthday I go around decorating so that when they wake up the home is full of celebration. Todd jokes that perhaps I should just keep everything up – being that we have a birthday almost every single month. Who knows? Maybe that sign might just stay. 🙂
the forever sign
Have a wonderful Monday. Here the sky is vibrant blue, the grass a Kelly green, and the air crisp. My favorite kind of day. May your day be filled with the closeness of our loving Father.