Just for fun today. Because, after all, this site is about finding joy and part of that is keeping those preschoolers happy. ~Rachel
1. Lose the only blanket, stuffed animal, or treasured item that they want to sleep with.
2. Insist on holding their hand in the parking lot.
3. Put sunscreen on their face.
4. Cut the peanut butter and jelly sandwich the wrong way.
5. Toast the bread even though they always like it toasted but today they didn’t.
6. Announce that it is nap time.
7. Announce that it is quiet time.
8. Only read the chosen story book one time versus eight times in a row.
9. Have them help you put the books back on the shelf the right way.
10. Make them remove the two mismatched rainboots and put sandals on instead.
11. Call them a nickname.
12. Push their chair in the table too far.
13. Don’t push their chair in the table far enough.
14. Take a taste of their whipped cream on their Starbuck’s kids cocoa
15. Put the straw in their juice box or juice pouch for them.
16. Do the glue for them.
17. Help them steer the kiddie cart in any way at the grocery store.
18. Make them ride in the front of the cart.
19. Ask them to help out with chores around the house.
20. Actually track them down and have them help out with chores around the house.
21. Cut their grapes in quarters (doesn’t matter – always do this).
22. Cut their hotdogs in quarters (again, doesn’t matter – always do this).
23. Tear their coloring sheet out of the book.
24. Tell them to put the crayons back in the box even though they think it’s impossible.
25. Say good morning to them when they’re not ready.
26. Push them too much or too little or too fast on the swing.
27. Insist that they share with their siblings.
28. Set the timer for their ipod/ipad/tv/anymedia use time and follow through with it.
29. Only let them one watch one episode of anything on Disney Jr.
30. Refuse to get them their 3rd glass of water after they’ve gone to bed.
31. Refuse to tuck them in for the 13th time after they’ve gone to bed.
32. Put any toy, which immediately becomes the favorite toy, in the garage sale pile.
33. Put any broken toy, which immediately is supposed to be broken like that, in the garbage.
34. Have them try on more than two clothing items to verify if they fit.
35. Buy a no spill bubble bucket and ruin the joy of sloshy bubbles.
36. Tell them no gum because you swallow it.
37. Say no to any of the treats in the Target check out aisle that are at perfect level and under $4.99.
38. Explain to them that they’re not the boss.
39. Forget to cut the tag out of the teeshirt.
40. Have them wear socks with their shoes.
41. Wash their hair.
42. Call their name. Sometimes this is true. You know it.
43. Make them finish their dinner. Or at least take a bite.
44. Have them sit still.
45. Take their picture.
46. Take the sticker off the paper and put it on their shirt.
47. Read the story book with different voices than normal.
48. Clip their nails.
49. Try to rush through bedtime.
50. Forget to tell them you love them. Because you know what? Because even though they are crazy and wild and energetic and push you to your limits you totally completely love them.