First, if you made it here I’m already super honored. One of my favorite things in the world to do is to share my heart and passion with others – whether it be in text or on the stage or sitting in a circle of peers. I know that choosing a speaker can be a bit challenging because you desire that deep power of connection – that ability to inspire, motivate, change lives, and give action steps – and the person on stage is a representation of your vision. Because of that, I’ve designed this page to make your decision easier – giving you a glimpse into who I am and how my desire is to create that powerful connection between words that inspire and those listening.
For the past eight years I’ve been blessed to have spoken to over one hundred live groups, to be the guest on numerous webinars and podcasts, to have been interviewed on various national media channels, and to create my own podcast Amplify. I consider public speaking an art and a gift – it’s an opportunity to change lives with words.
So from me to you, before you even read more, thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate it.
What this page is about
1. Expect commitment. Your vision becomes my passion. I take speaking as a serious commitment and work hard to understand your audience so that what is shared matches your ethos.
2. Expect emotion. I’m a story-teller at heart. Throughout time story has been the medium that we as humans have used to share about dreams, pass on history, inspire, motivate and to create change. Emotion is a powerful tool – through the use of story, concrete examples, and my humor (which I’ll thank my dad for now) – I work to resonate with your audience on a deep emotional level.
3. Expect inspiration. Whether it is about marketing and connecting with your audience or motherhood and the ups and downs or what it’s like to raise a child gluten free in all my talks I aim to inspire and motivate.
4. Expect integrity. I’m about showing up. Doing my best. Listening to you. Understanding your people. Making your passion mine. Using my time wisely because you’ve invested in me.
5. Expect thanks. From me. Part of me speaking for you is sharing you with my audience. Whether that is on my Finding Joy Facebook page, the Amplify Podcast, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media channel I commit to sharing about you with my audience so they can learn more about your vision as well.
6. Expect relationships. Don’t expect the relationship to end the moment I step off the stage. Some of my deepest connections have been established in those moments after speaking – in the times in the hallway hugging and listening and learning more. I will be present and aim to make you look great.
Me. My Life
I have been a mom (of seven, yes seven) for for over 22 years, a writer for ten (unless you found the numerous journals I’ve kept since I was in grade school) and a speaker for seven (or longer as my mother loves to unearth pics of me hosting events in high school). Some of the places I’ve been featured on include The Huffington Post, Babble, Today Parents, MOPS, Star NewZealand, Twin Cities Live, Huffington Post Live, PopSugar, iVillage Australia, Dr.Greene, Star Tribune, Parents, What to Expect, The Deseret, AllWomen South Africa, Motherly, Crosswalk, SheKnows, etc… I’ve spoken at over 100 live events and my work has been translated into over 20 languages – German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Romanian, Croatian, Dutch and more.
For the past ten years I’ve been pouring my heart out on my website Finding Joy. As the years have passed it has become a place celebrating motherhood and living a real, unmasked and brave intentional life in a very digitally saturated world of expectations. This site reaches hundreds of thousands of women monthly and has created a powerful community who aims to live life with bold intentions, understanding emotions and encouraging others. Our Facebook page Finding Joy reaches over ten million a month organically.
For the last six years I have also been blessed to develop a company Audience Industries with my business partner, Dan R Morris. Audience Industries includes Blogging Concentrated – our international professional bloggers track with over six workshops, a robust membership site, curriculum and an active forum. We’re also cohosts of the Amplify Podcast which was named the number one social media podcast by Jay Baer. Audience Industries also has a professional business track where we speak with companies, consulting services, and several other sites, beyond Finding Joy, that we successfully maintain.
some Finding joy stats
50 million pageviews
245k Facebook fans w/ an average organic reach of over 3 million/ week
8.5k Twitter fans
5.8k Pinterest fans
7.2k Instagram fans
33k email subscribers
Recently Joel Comm named me one of the top 50 Social Media Influencers. And John Lee Dumas featured me on his podcast Entrepreneur on Fire. I’m currently working on publishing my first long form book after seeing the success of my Dear Mom Letters . I was featured on Huffington Post Live after my post To The Tired Mom went so rapidly viral that it was their top trending article for days.
My Most Loved Talks
My business partner, Dan, and I have several keynotes that we present together as well as full and half day workshops including our own Blogging Concentrated series. For more information about booking us to keynote together please click here and also to learn more about Blogging Concentrated, Amplify Podcast, and our parent company, Audience Industries.
Previous Speaking Events
Keynotes: Creative Supernova – Los Angeles, Soul GPS – Nashville, Global Media Summit – Dallas, MomCon – Pittsburg, Bloggycon – Sandusky, WOW Mom’s Summit – Washington DC, Declare Conference – Dallas, MN Bloggers Conference – Minneapolis, TypeA – Atlanta, Beachpreneurs – St. Petersburg, iRetreat – New Orleans, Blog Mastery Workshop – Vancouver, Boost Your Influence – Poconos, BConnected – Ottawa, Blissdom Canada – Toronto, Blended – Phoenix, Entertainment New Media – Los Angeles, Blogger Bash – New York City, Exposure and Profit – Toronto, UMASS Boston – Boston, Social Media Breakfast – Minneapolis, North Iowa Social Media Club – Mason City, Outdoor Writers Conference – Hagerstown, Blissdom Canada – Blue Mountain, 2:1 Conference – Baltimore, Haven (2) – Atlanta
Blogging Conference Events – Nashville, Raleigh, Charlotte, Penn State, Philadelphia, Auckland NZ (2 tours), Nelson NZ, Christchurch NZ, Wellington NZ, Dunedin NZ, Winnipeg CA, Vancouver CA, Toronto CA, Denver (2) , New Orleans, Atlanta, Minneapolis (3) , Chicago, Seattle (2), Cincinnati, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Syracuse, New York City, Salt Lake City, Asheville, Orlando, Richmond, Kansas City, Dallas, Grand Rapids, Boise
Guest Speaker: Haven – Atlanta, Sofabcon – Bentonville, MN Bloggers Conference – Minneapolis, Florida Parent Educators – Orlando, Christi Church – Eden Prairie, Real Refreshment Retreats – Baltimore, Atlanta, Fit Bloggin’ – Savannah, Florida Parent Educators Special Needs Conference – Orlando, North Iowa Social Media Club – Mason City
Guest Workshops: Florida Parent Educators – Orlando, iRetreat – Harrisburg, Fit Bloggin’ – Denver, WOW Summit – Washington DC, Blissdom Canada – Blue Mountain, Haven – Atlanta
Coordinated and Emcee: BEECH Retreat – Captiva Island FL
Emcee: 2:1 Conference – Baltimore
Companies Partnered With
Dove, Disney, Gatorade, HotWheels, Fox Pictures, Focus on the Family, Annie’s Organic, Udi’s Gluten Free, Apologia, Dole Nutritional Institute, Circle of Moms, Kraft, Oreck, National Foundation for Celiac Disease, Pearle Vision, Praying Pelican Missions, Willow, Capri Sun, CBS